Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cougar Town

When someone asks me what I watch (TV show) I start to recall them alphabetically. As if I can remember them all.

Since most of the shows are on winter break right now, I've decided I'd watch new ones just to pass the time. I've read somewhere about Cougar Town and it's Courteney Cox Arquette! And now I'm loving it! It's up there with Grey's for me!

I miss Courteney. Didn't love her so much in Dirt (which I only watched a few episodes for).


It's about a 40-year old recently divorcee, Jules, who's reentering the dating world (with younger men) while she takes care of her 17-year old son, Travis. She has her best friend/neighbour, Ellie, who helps her get through her life. She has another close friend/employee, Laurie, who's much younger and helping her regarding what-young-people-do-to-have-fun stuff.

Sometimes, well, almost all the time her ex-husband, Bobby, pops in and have breakfast/get his things sometimes annoying/helping Jules. She also has this handsome hunky neighbour, Grayson, who dislikes her, but they have cute bantering sessions. Maybe sometime, they would hook up? But Grayson is also a recently divorced and likes much much younger women.

The show was created by Kevin Biegel and Bill Lawrence (from Scrubs! I love Scrubs! And no wonder his wife is in the show as well!)



Courteney Cox as Jules Cobb. She lives in a small town in Florida and is a successful real estate agent.




Christa Miller who plays Ellie Torres, the next door neighbour/best friend. She's married to Andy and have a son named Stan. She is sarcastic, unapologetic person who, most of the time, disagrees with Jules's other friend, Laurie. The actress is Bill Lawrie's wife. She suits the role perfectly as I remember her portraying Jordan (Scrubs), who's also bitchy.


Busy Philipps plays Laurie Keller, the other best friend and the employee.
We may have seen her in He's Just Not That Into You, Made of Honor and White Chicks.


Brian Van Holt plays Bobby Cobb, Jules' unemployed ex-husband who currently lives in a boat - on land!



Dan Byrd plays Travis Cobb, Jules' 17-year old son. He has a healthy, understanding relationship with both of his parents though they constantly embarass him due to the flirting and driving around town on a golf cart.

We may have seen him in Heroes Season 4 and A Cinderelle Story.



Yeah, I know. I just have to use this topless picture.

Josh Hopkins plays Grayson Ellis, Jules' neighbour and a bartender. He enjoys dating younger women and rubbing it in Jules' face. But sometimes, he shows his good side.
We may remember him from Private Practice Season 2 as Dr Noah Barnes (Addie's married love interest).

I've only watched up to Episode 8 though. Where's the time?

Will update more.

I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment